|Reports To:||Branch Manager and / or Field Supervisor|
|Location:||Fort St. John|
The Driver will be responsible for duties within Strad’s operations. The incumbent will need to be familiar with the products, policies and procedures that Strad rents, sells and manufactures. The operator will be travelling across western Canada to haul load to site where Strad is conducting business.
- Loading and unloading of trucks and trailers according to Strad procedures.
- Tying down loads for safe transport of equipment/loads.
- Preparing trucks for adverse weather conditions (i.e. chaining wheels).
- Maintenance and preventative maintenance of trucks and trailers.
- Operate and drive trucks safely across Canada.
- Comply with all DOT regulations and inter-provincial Canadian regulations.
- Comply with all Strad Energy Services safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Signing, filling, maintaining and submitting documentation such as; Bills of Lading, log books, expense and fuel reports and safety documentation.
- Proper customer service and interaction with customers as well as getting appropriate paperwork signed by customers.
- Complete “Compliance hours of Service”, “Fatigue Management” and “Cargo Securement” courses.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of oilfield hauling experience.
- Class 1 driver’s license is mandatory.
- Safety and oilfield tickets are preferred (i.e. H2S, WHMIS, TDG, First Aid)
- Air brake course is mandatory.
- Incumbent must be eligible to be insured by Strad Energy Services’ Insurance Policy.
- Experience with repair and maintenance of trucks and/or trailers is preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible with time scheduling and ability to travel to various sites.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Safe driving history with favorable drivers abstract.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing and being able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Long shifts, regularly 13 hour shifts of work and driving long distances in varying weather conditions
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with information and training provided
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given