Protecting people and the environment
At Strad, we believe a safe work environment is essential to our success.
What is Safety First?
Safety First is Strad’s in-house behavioral-based safety program. The program has many practical day-to-day influences on working practices. At a strategic level, it reinforces proactive behaviour to keep safety top of mind.
Be Proactive | Be Accountable | Be Consistent | Be Aware
All Strad employees are trained around these key principles supporting best practices in safety. The most valuable lesson of the Safety First program is an understanding that these principles should be followed constantly through life not just while on the job.
Strad‘s overall goal is a healthy, injury-free workplace for all and by working together, we will achieve this goal.
Strad’s Safety Promise:
- Comply with all legislative requirements pertaining to safety, health and the environment as its minimum standard;
- Pursue high standards of safety, health and environmental management as an integral part of efficient management of the business, ensuring that all business decisions take proper account of safety, health and environmental implications.
- Partner with our customers to ensure that safety, health and environmental standards are held to the highest level possible.
- Maintain, review and report on safety, health and environmental performance indicators including:
- Accident and incident performance rates;
- Attainment of annual safety, health and environmental objectives;
- Results of safety, health and environmental inspections and audits;
- Compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Review and, if necessary, revise the HS&E policy on an annual basis.