|Reports To:||Branch Manager|
|Location:||Greeley, CO (Travel to all locations)|
The Training Coordinator, Operations USA is responsible for the operational, safety and/or technical training of field personnel. This position will coordinate, instruct, or engage in training employees and customers with respect to the installation, programming, safety, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. May assist in assessing the training needs of the organization; develop relevant educational materials, including procedure manuals and certification tests. Coordinates and conducts teaching programs within different environments including classroom, in-field training and e-learning. The training coordinator will Work closely with supervisors and managers of Strad personnel to ensure they are properly trained and certified. Keeps management informed of any proposed or upcoming changes to certification requirements.
Training coordinator we need to develop technical job related, knowledge of expertise in the development, coordination and delivery of effective training program in the areas of Solids Controls, Surface Equipment and Safety including regulatory agency compliance and policies and procedures. This position will work closely with, and be part of the Operations Team, USA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Confers with management and supervisor, instructors, or customer's representative to determine technical training needs of employees or onsite personnel.
- Will work side by side with field employees to ensure proper training in Strad procedures and equipment.
- Assigned to develop technical resources, including instructors, computer based, and on the job training. Schedules classes, based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
- Evaluates technical training packages, including outline, text, and handouts written by instructors.
- Assigns Strad personnel to in-service or out-service training classes to learn new skills as needed.
- Work closely with branch managers to monitor expenses to ensure that training costs do not exceed allocated funds.
- Attends meetings , seminars to obtain information useful to technical training of staff
- Inform management of technical training programs and goals.
- Create and maintain a culture reflective of a commitment to an illness and injury-free workplace
- Ensure that compliance/risk assurance processes within Strad are robust (ie: self-identifying/self-correcting issues) and that we’re effectively sharing Best Practices
- Provide hands-on support (as needed/requested) to help operating companies meet requirements
- Attend relevant educational workshops and industry events
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in O&G
- Formal training in Safety and Risk Management
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Curriculum development experience and skills
- PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Be an exceptional team player, with a long-term, goal-oriented approach
- Possess strong facilitation skills through all modes of communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High standards of integrity, energy level, and motivation
- Ability to be flexible with time management and display good prioritization skills
- Ability to travel to facilities and sites across the USA
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with information and training provided
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.