|Reports To:||Branch Manager|
- Assist in the day-to-day operations in the Strad Yard
- Coordinate with the Field Supervisor/Branch Manager on each day’s activities and ensures that the plan is executed
- Works with the Dispatch Coordinator/Admin on shipping manifests, asset movements, and daily in/out asset logs to ensure accurate and complete reporting (shipping manifests, tank inspections and asset counts).
- Promotes and enforces a culture of Safety in the Yard and Shop
- Assist in locating, identifying and coordinating rental equipment movements in the yard, including rig mats
- Set rig mats
- Receive outside freight insuring all necessary documents get turned in
- Ensures movement and storage activities are all in accordance with company HSE policies and industry practices and that all personnel involved in the material handling process, are in proper PPE gear
- Inspects all equipment coming in/out of yard
- Maintains storage yard cleanliness and order in accordance with Strad standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain integrity of shipping manifests
- Performs basic housekeeping and organization of yard and shop daily
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with working in a rental yard, oilfield rental equipment a plus.
- Heavy equipment experience (Operating a loader or ability to learn)
- Mechanically inclined and able to perform basic repairs of equipment
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively interact with vendors and Strad personnel.
- Must be detail and safety oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work overtime
- Working in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing and being able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Long shifts, regularly 13 hour shifts of work and driving long distances in varying weather conditions
Health and Safety:
- All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with information and training provided
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given