|Reports To:||Operations Manager and/or Field Supervisor|
|Department:||Drill Cuttings Management|
|Role Type:||Temporary Casual|
|Reporting Location:||Grande Prairie, AB|
Under the direction of the Operations Manager and/or Field Supervisor, all Operators will be responsible for operating designated equipment safely for the installation and service of drill cuttings management projects.
- Operate the excavator/hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Ensure proper measurement of cuttings to solidifying agent with minimal waste
- Keep lease area clean
- Provide additional support on-site to load and unload trucks (pallets, pipe, etc.)
- Comply to all safety rules and regulations
- Practice outstanding customer service at all times
- Fill in appropriate field paperwork as required
- Travel as required to project sites in western Canada
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Education, Skills, Capabilities & Qualifications:
- 1+ years’ experience with heavy equipment operation is required (i.e. Loaders and Hoes)
- Flexible with time scheduling and ability to travel to various sites
- Access to a reliable vehicle and cell phone to get to and use on the job site
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Safety and oilfield tickets are preferred (i.e. H2S, WHMIS, TDG, First Aid)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to be insurable for operations of Strad’s equipment
- High standards of integrity, energy level, and motivation that follow our Guiding Principles
- Safe driving history with favorable drivers abstract
- Working in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing and being able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Long shifts, regularly 13 hour shifts of work and driving long distances in varying weather conditions
- Some drill sites require 24 hour attendants, must be able to work day or night shift
- Must be mentally alert at all times
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.