|Title:||Business Systems Analyst|
|Reports To:||Manager, Business Services|
The position will be responsible for providing business support to stakeholders across Strad’s lines of business including Sales, Operations and Finance. The role includes first level contact for day to day user support; triaging; resolving user issues; new user’s orientation and also ensures the application is being utilized effectively for best practices. This role will also require extracting and documenting requirements for system enhancement requests; develop and execute testing scenarios and scripts; create and update user documentation and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day business application support for MicroSoft NAV to users throughout the organization for both office and field level.
- Orientate new users on first level system training including set-up and onboarding prior to handing off to business area for specific job training. On line and small classroom setting.
- Troubleshoot problems and find solutions that maintain the integrity of data and improve overall business application processes.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for end-user functions.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure efficiency and translate business needs to application solutions.
- Test system functionality including creating test cases and documenting acceptance testing with end users.
- Develop and maintain understanding of Strad’s existing operations and technologies.
- Liaison with application providers to solution and trouble shoot for end user’s issues or concerns.
- Excellent understanding of NAV features and functionality in the functional areas of: Sales & Marketing, Purchasing, Jobs and Resources, Rentals, Shipping; Financials: G/L, Receivable, Payables, Bank Accounts, Fixed Assets
- Desirable knowledge of NAV features/Add-on: User Setup, User Accounts, Permissions and Jet Reporting
- Demonstrate effective project management methodologies and process mapping ability for departmental projects.
- Contribute and participate on assigned projects by documenting and validating data and information requirements (ie. Creating Requirements Documents, Data Maps & Models, Data Dependencies & Interfaces, Process and Functional Mappings, Data Process Workflow).
- Additional duties based on business needs.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to one week per month to field operations offices within the USA and Canada is required.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field is preferred.
- Operations experience with field to office processes is preferred.
- 3-5 years of Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) experience in a Support Specialist and/or in a function consultant role with functional and technical skills in NAV
- 5+ years of demonstrated process management, partnership with IT to deliver business solutions, and the ability to understand operational and financial support systems is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in change management and process mapping is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Strong business acumen with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Formal Business Analysis (e.g. IIBA), Change Management (e.g. Procsi) or IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL) certification would be an asset.
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Office Suite is required.
Health and Safety
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.