Reports To: Operations Manager
Division: Canadian Operations
Subordinates (if applicable): No
Safety Critical Role Designation: Yes
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Sales Person will be responsible for the promotion of Strad’s products. The incumbent will need to be familiar with the products that Strad manufactures, and communicate with customers to facilitate sales.
- Manage data base of existing and potential customers including contact information, communications and detailed customer sales data.
- Coordinate and work closely with Strad division concerning all aspects of sales, rentals and delivery of product.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Strad team of service providers.
- Manage short and long term sales cycle program including sales calls strategies for existing and new customers.
- Input into advertising, collateral sales material and trade promotion programs.
- Input into sales forecasts and budget.
- Sales of Strad well site equipment.
- Use market and product knowledge and analytical skills to qualify prospects, source new leads and qualify opportunities within named accounts.
- Qualify prospective customers, identify business opportunities and build strong customer relationships.
- Communicate to customers Strad’s available products and services.
- Provide information to update the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and sales reports.
- Gather and communicate important competitor information to appropriate personnel within the company.
- Provide support for the presentation of technical and financial proposals.
- Work with internal resources to develop comprehensive sales presentation materials tailored to customers.
- Make formal sales presentations to prospective customers with sales personnel for that division.
- Work in conjunction with management team of appropriate division to provide cost-effective quotes for potential business opportunities to satisfy customers and meet the company’s financial objectives.
- Promote team philosophy among the necessary departments to achieve completion of sales and projects.
- Communicate internally program requirements, issues, opportunities, and items of interest.
- Work closely with existing and new customer accounts that represent strategic, emerging business opportunities and trends.
- Participate in the development of the Strad’s sales and marketing plan.
- Participate in the maintenance of Strad’s competitor knowledge base.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Initiate future business with new and existing customer with focus on new major customers.
- Act as a main point-of-contact for customers.
- Travel as required to meet with customers and facilitate sales.
Knowledge, Education, Skills, Capabilities & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative approach and the ability to present solutions to customer’s needs.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with desire to give presentations in front of both senior management and new and existing customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Preferably some post-secondary education in a related field, or courses in sales training (i.e. Dale Carnegie).
- Computer literacy and ability to use email, the Internet and cell phone.
- A high level of drive, discipline, creativity and motivation.
- Able to nurture solid relationships with key customers, and internal team members.
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess a strong bottom line orientation and an ability to assist the company in using strategies effectively to profitably acquire and retain customers.
- Able to negotiate win-win solutions for customer and the company.
- Desire to provide top service for customers.
- Ability to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Preferably five or more years in a sales role in the oil and gas industry.
- Flexible with time scheduling to meet customer needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Driven to exceed sales targets on a weekly basis.
- Ability to travel by vehicle and air travel.
- Safety certificates and ability to be drug and alcohol free so access to customer sites is not denied.
Health and Safety
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.