Reports To: Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor
Division: Surface Equipment/EcoPond®
Subordinates (if applicable): No
Important Relationship Liaisons: Dispatch, Supervisors, Managers and Branch Administrators, Service Technicians
Safety Critical Role Designation: Yes
Under the supervision of the Field Supervisor and/or Branch Manager, the Service Technician will be responsible for the set up and servicing Strad Energy Services products. The incumbent will need to be familiar with the products that Strad manufactures, sells and rents to customers.
- Responsible for service, repair and maintenance of Strad Energy Services’ oilfield equipment such as (but not limited to):
- Invert Systems and Drilling Mud Storage (containment berms, transfer pumps, diesel transfer pumps, circulating pumps, portable vacuum systems)
- Trash Pumps, Flygt Pumps, Honda Pumps
- Enviro Container (Unique to Strad Oilfield Rentals)
- Mud Van System
- Shale Bins
- Light towers
- Floc Tanks
- Premix Tanks
- Flare Tanks
- Sloped Bottom Tanks
- Lined Tanks
- Insulated Tanks
- Rig Mats including Strad’s patented 8X15 Interlocking Steel Framed Mat.
- CAT and JD Loaders
- Fuel Storage
- Assisting with the set up and take down of tank farms
- Set up, service, repair and maintenance of equipment outlined above.
- Travel as required to service equipment to meet customer’s needs.
- Communicate with Strad employees to ensure operations flow seamlessly. This will involve communicating with Dispatch, Billing Administrators, other Field Service Technicians and Supervisors and management.
- Fill in appropriate field paperwork when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Fill in necessary computer databases when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Follow Company Policies and Procedures and adhere to Company safety standards and Safety Manual.
Knowledge, Education, Skills, Capabilities & Qualifications:
- Must have oilfield experience and experience with set up, repair and maintenance of related oilfield equipment.
- General Mechanical skills and 3-phase electrical skills are preferred.
- Desire to provide top service for customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Flexible with time scheduling to meet customer needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Safety courses and related oilfield tickets are required (WHMIS, First Aid, H2S).
- Picker Operator ticket is preferred but Strad will assist if necessary.
- Will have to go to the field in which case must:
- Be free of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Field work is necessary which involves standing for long periods as well as crouching.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time safely.
Health and Safety
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.